Like Jussy, I actually don’t know who Steph is either. Steph is a friend of my sister Erika’s. I’ve never met her. I don’t know if she made this up or found it somewhere. I don’t care. I just love the fact she exists just so I can eat this.
- 1 Regular Package of Chicken (4 breasts)
- 2 (or 3, I like 2) Campbell’s Cream of Celery Soup
- 3 Small Cans of Green Chiles (the best is Macayo chiles)
- 1 Small Block of Monterey Jack Cheese, cut in small cubes (do this yourself, don’t buy a bag of grated, it’s a little work but it’ll be fresher and more flavorful)
- Rice (your choice white, brown, jasmine, etc. but not flavored)
- Crock-Pot (slow cooker)
How to do it…
- Throw all the above in not including the cheese and rice. Cook all of that for a while in your slow cooker— ~6 hours on low, or 3-4 hours on high. As ever, the longer you cook it, the more tender and easier to shred the chicken will be but obviously you don’t want to burn it. Check chicken about an hour before dinner and shred it in the cooker. At around 30-45 minutes before dinner add the Monterey Jack cheese. I like it cheesy, so I do as my sister told me, I add the whole small block. If you’re not a cheese person, you may wanna use less. You can cut it up in small cubes or grate it. I think it is easier to cube because it’s a soft cheese and not easy to shred.
- Serve with the rice. I’d say this serves four healthily, but honestly, you could probably serve six with this.
- You can always add some jalapenos or a can Ro-tel instead of the chiles (or along with the chiles) if that’s your jam.
- Make, eat…and thank me later.