I love guac.
Recently, I decided to get serious about making good guac, not simply smushing up avocado and adding some salsa and calling it a day.
I tried one recipe and it was such a winner, everyone who tasted it loved it, even one friend who didn’t like guacamole.
I never looked back.
So I gave that guac to Izzy in The Hookup.
And now I’m giving it to you!
Izzy’s Best Guacamole Ever!
- 3-4 Ripe Avocados, peeled, pitted and smushed
- 1 Juiced Lime, or a good dose of bottled, real lime juice
- ½ cup Diced Onion, I use red because I love red onion, you use what you love
- 2-3 tablespoons Fresh Chopped Cilantro, or a couple of squirts of that stuff from the tube, up to you how strong you like your cilantro and obviously fresh is always better!
- 1-2 teaspoons Minced Garlic, depending on how much you like garlic
- A very healthy pinch of salt
- 1-2 teaspoons Chopped Jalapeño and/or*
- 1 pinch Ground Cayenne Pepper and/or*
- Healthy tablespoon or two of Readymade Fresh Salsa*
How to do it…
- How to do it… Chop, dice and mince what’s gotta be chopped, diced and minced. Prepare the avocados in a bowl. Mush it all together with the rest of the ingredients. Taste test to make sure you like what you’ve got and add accordingly.
- Then voilà, delicious guacamole you can use as dip, in tacos, on burritos or however you like it!
Add a combination of these ingredients, depending on how you like it!
Alternate or additional spicing I’ve used that adds goodness is a few healthy shakes of Tajin seasoning.
Caveat: I dislike tomatoes (intensely). I like marinara sauce and ketchup. I just don't like tomatoes in their natural form. So except for the tomato that has been soaked in salsa juice, I don’t add tomatoes to my guac. If you love tomato, add 1-2 diced roma tomatoes to this delicousness.