Crock-Pot Chicken Enchiladas
- 1 Package of Chicken Breasts (4 count)
- 1 28 oz Can of Red Enchilada Sauce
- 10 Corn Tortillas
- 3-4 cups Grated Cheddar Cheese
- 1 3.8 oz Can of Sliced Black Olives, drained
- Small Pot Sour Cream (optional)
- Sliced Green Onion (optional)
How to do it…
- In the morning, or whenever (count back from when you want to eat 9 hours if you’re going for the cook-on-low option, or 5 hours for the cook-on-high option), put the chicken breasts and the enchilada sauce in the slow-cooker. Cook on low for eight hours, or high for four.
- When you’re ready to dig in, get in there with two forks and shred the chicken. After the chicken is shredded, add a cup of cheese, half the olives and all the tortillas cut into small triangles or cut into strips (instead, you could conceivably dump in some Fritos or corn chips, or even add drained black beans, I have not tried this, but I might!). Stir this around until well blended. Flatten slightly and add the rest of the cheese and olives on top (you can go cheesier, or less cheesy, your choice!).
- Put the lid back on and cook for another 40 minutes to an hour.
- Serve up and garnish with sour cream and sliced green onion, if that’s your jam, and enjoy!
Recipe URL: https://www.kristenashley.net/recipe-archive/crock-pot-chicken-enchiladas/